Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Life Interrupted


A great picture of Matt, our visiting missionary, and the kids during our Saturday kid's club. It can get crazy at times. And as I've shared one way or another, I am un-learning how to not have a sterile, predictable day or a life for that matter. Case in point, last Saturday one of the girls mentioned that they wanted to spend the night with their siblings. So I planned on having a few but 7 showed up. This was Matt and Molly's last night and they wanted to be present for as they termed it "the last supper". So we had a sleepover and the next day I decided to bring the kid's to church with me and Veronica. Well, preparation was chaotic, there was shouting and laughing and water everywhere as they each tried to get a shower in before church! Then some of the girls showed up in their p.j.'s before we set off. I asked them why on earth were they in their p.j.'s? They said because their clothes were wet and dirty. So off we went, p.j.'s and all. The p.j.'s were actually quite cute with their dangling earrings. I took them to the market with me and we had ice cream afterwards. Typical Sunday morning! But it was unexpected, life always is at some point. It reminded me of something that I read in one of Amy Carmichael's books regarding how God will not allow you to be a 'private' Christian. You are intended to be a superhighway:
"It is the way of the Psalm that shows us a cross-section of the life of the man in whose heart are the highways to Zion. Highways are open roads. Roads are not made for admiration, but for traffic. "God breaks up the private life of His saints and makes it a thoroughfare for the world on the one hand and for Himself on the other. No one can stand that unless he is identified with God," said Oswald Chambers...."
And so when others say that we are not called to be a doormat for others, well, take it up with Him........

No comments: